Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finished installing remaining packages of 2nd pass




I left off at the install of tcl,  so today I picked up with the installation of expect and continued on. Below you will find the commands I used to untar the particular packages. Most of the packages took the same steps to untar, configure, make, test, and install. There were two glitches. One compile required 'yacc'. yacc was not on my system, so I had to install bison. yacc is part of Bison.

The other problem I had was coreutils. coreutils had an xz extension.I had never seen an xz extention. Luckily, I had xz installed on my system. I used it to decompress the file, then used tar to extract it. Outside of that everything went smoothly.

xz coreutils-8.14.tar.xz

tar jxvf expect5.45.tar.gz   
tar zxvf dejagnu-1.5.tar.gz      
tar zxvf check-0.9.8.tar.gz      
tar zxvf ncurses-5.9.tar.gz      
tar zxvf bash-4.2.tar.gz      
tar jxvf bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz      
tar zxvf bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz      
tar jxvf coreutils-8.14.tar.xz      
tar zxvf coreutils-8.14.tar.xz      
tar xvf coreutils-8.14.tar      
tar zxvf diffutils-3.2.tar.gz      
tar zxvf file-5.09.tar.gz      
tar zxvf  findutils-4.4.2.tar.gz      
tar jxvf gawk-4.0.0.tar.bz2      
tar zxvf gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz      
tar zxvf grep-2.9.tar.gz      
tar zxvf gzip-1.4.tar.gz      
tar jxvf m4-1.4.16.tar.bz2      
tar jxvf make-3.82.tar.bz2      
tar jxvf patch-2.6.1.tar.bz2      
tar jxvf perl-5.14.2.tar.bz2      
tar jxvf sed-4.2.1.tar.bz2      
tar jxvf tar-1.26.tar.bz2      
tar zxvf texinfo-4.13a.tar.gz      
tar jxvf xz-4.0.3.tar.bz2      

~                         

No comments:

Post a Comment