Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lesson Learned, Don't stop in the middle of something

I made the mistake of stopping the the installation of X11 way back in January. As a result some of what I compiled and installed back in January, was no long compatible with what is on the Beyond Linux From Scratch (BLFS) page. As a result I had to recompile and install a lot of stuff to move on again. Once that was done, I was able to proceed again. Basically it boiled down to reinstalling  the the X11, that way I knew I had a good baseline, rather than continuing to get software that was incompatible with what was already installed. When I left off in January, BLFS was at 7.0, now it is at 7.2, thus the incompatibilities.I now have a working X11, working on the Seamonkey browser and KDE now. I'll write up a more detailed version of what I did to build X11 later.

No comments:

Post a Comment